Thursday, January 17, 2013

When you don't want to deprive yourself, give in.



I hate, HATE depriving myself when I am dieting, exercising, and just simply trying to live a healthier lifestyle while losing weight.  I have several weakness. My main ones though are potatoes, and pizza. Because is there anything better than a fluffy baked potato with all the fixings, or a cheesy pizza that leaves a string of cheese to its home when you pull it apart? No. Not at all. So this week I've been trying to tell myself to not DEPRIVE myself of something I love, especially if the rest of my family is enjoying it. So I did the recommended serving size for my Russet Baked potato and a side tossed salad as my lunch one day. I think the most important part (for me) is to remember serving sizes and portion control. As well as remembering the number on the scale doesn't define you. You are beautiful regardless of your weight, as long as you feel good about what you are doing results can be seen. Personally, I can't lose weight easily with just dieting. I have to incorporate work outs. Which sucks because its a routine that is hard to get in to. I've done well last week and hopefully it continues on until next week too. Small steps, can make big differences. Whether its a carb or not, this is still a healthier choice then a fast food restaurant.

.

The russet potato is 115 calories alone plus with cheese and light sour cream/no butter is an extra 130 calories. 245 calories plus a salad will take you to 404 calories. Not bad. I like carbs on days I'm sleepy or simply tired. I would absolutely add in a work out later on though. 

Portabella Mushroom Pizza is a lovely alternative, and would be amazing for lunch. I had it for dinner but I think I'll use it as a lunch recipe from now on. I don't like being a short order cook at dinner time. Lunch time is different. This is how I made this delicious treat. 

Ingredients:
1 portabella mushroom cap, stem removed -20 cals
1 oz 2% mozzarella cheese- 72 cals
Turkey Pepperonis-35 cals for 5 or so slices
1/8 cup tomato sauce- 10 cals

On the Side:
1/2 of a cucumber peeled and slices with salt, pepper and red wine vinegar= 12 cals 





No comments:

Post a Comment