Monday, May 20, 2013

Broccoli, Spinach, & Tomato pancakes!

Let's chat a second about how much of a picky eater my Mr.Liam is. Vegetable on his plate? Forget it. Pasta? Forget it. Bread-like food? YES. My lover of all things carb.  Fruit? You bet, Yes! Broccoli, Spinach, or Tomatoes- Yeah right! Except, maybe if they are made to look like pancakes? I had some leftover broccoli, and some tomatoes and spinach that needed to be used. It was worth a shot, here is my little invention for the day. Serve with marinara, ranch, or ketchup. We used ketchup and it was delicious. I couldn't stop nomming on them! It could work as breakfast too though!

 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup broccoli, blended on chop
  • 1/2 cup tomatoes, blended on chop
  • 1/2 cup spinach, blended on chop
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1 clove of garlic (1 teaspoon garlic powder)
  • canola or vegetable oil 
Directions:  Prepare all your veggies. I used leftover broccoli for supper the night before so it was roasted. But I imagine if you have a food processor you can use fresh without a problem. Then mix together the rest of the ingredients, minus oil. 
Mixed together 
Put about 1 tablespoon of mixture each on a heated medium high heat pan with oil. 
Cook until brown. :) 
I know they look kind of funky, not the prettiest recipe I have prepared but, Liam actually ate them and enjoyed them. So I call it a winner! I even have photo proof that he liked them and ate them! Not to mention Blake and I loved them as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment