Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Waffle Sticks with my Waffle Stick Maker!

Whoops!
Over flowed on my first try, filled it too much.
Pictures taken on my iPhone.

                I got this for Christmas, and this is my FIRST time using it. Yeah, I’m slack. But I’m feeling a little better about getting up and making breakfast these days. It really helps if I wake up on my own, and I’m not woken up by little fingers trying to pry my eyes open.

                So it is a wet and rainy day. It actually has been for days now. Again, sadly! So, I might as well spend some more time on breakfast than usual since we aren’t in a rush to get dressed and get outside. Yep, the past two days have been pajama days…because what’s the point in getting dressed if you aren’t going anywhere? Now, the babycakes waffle stick maker is pretty cool and comes with a little booklet of recipes.. And I’d say worth the money if you have kids who like waffles. (or husbands) I actually packed these in my husband’s lunch box for tomorrow with a little container of syrup for dipping. We’ll see how he likes it.

                I used my own recipe though, going off of the buttermilk waffles recipe in the booklet, so I don’t know how that affected my first try. It definitely overflowed. But, I got used to towards the end. And I have a ton leftover, enough to freeze, so that is always a good thing when all I have to do is pop something in the microwave.

Whole Wheat Waffle Sticks

1 ¾ cup whole wheat flour

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp baking powder

½ tsp salt

2 eggs

2 cups milk

1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce (instead of oil) 


Mix all the ingredients together, dry then wet. Do not over mix. Pour on to iron until it is barely covering the bumps that make the hole in the middle of the waffles. 


I'm pretty sure my sister in law got the waffle maker from Kohl's, but I found it at Bed Bath & Beyond for only $19.99! :) This is my new favorite appliance. I can't wait to try out all the neat recipes inside it, and did I mention the boys absolutely loved it. I couldn't keep their little fingers away from the plate on the counter, where I had all the leftover, extra waffle sticks. 


No comments:

Post a Comment