Monday, December 3, 2012

Falalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala Christmas Shopping!

 Life Post


Is there anything better than feeling complete and ahead of schedule when it comes to Christmas shopping? Travis and I had a great day shopping for the boys and family. Travis's mom watched the boys for us so that we could go without the kids. Everybody is done except for my parents and Travis's grandpa. We got mostly everything on our lists. There is a few things we didn't get but that's mainly because we know our parents need to get the boys something as well so we leave a few things. This will be the smallest Christmas for the boys. But they simply do not need any toys. Liam doesn't need clothes. Blake needs some pajamas and long sleeve shirts. What little 3 (almost 4) year old wants to open nothing but clothes on Christmas morning? I'll have to make a list of all the different things we got them. Overall I think they'll like everything. Eventually I need to incorporate what the TRUE meaning of Christmas is for them but Blake can't grasp anything beyond Santa, Hermy, and presents right now. That is pretty sad as of right now. I'm working on it! I know gifts aren't what it is all about. I just have a hard time trying to explain it in away a toddler will understand.I've pinned a few things for different ways people explain it I just haven't read any of them yet.

I just really cannot express how excited I am and happy I am for Christmas. This year has been amazing! 

Food Post

Now on to what I call a happy accident. I really like Alfredo sauce, I really like lasagna. My husband likes Alfredo sauce, detests fettuccine and spaghetti noodles, and doesn't care too much for tomato sauce. Whats a girl to do? Well.... a girl thinks of this genius thing to do Alfredo lasagna roll ups. Then like 2 days later someone is pinning something similar on pinterest. Then my heart broke. So instead I came up with a White Lasagna recipe alfredo sauce, chicken, and lasagna noodles. It is perfect for our family and it really is a nice twist on your average lasagna. I pretty much love whipping up new things in the kitchen without an idea of how it is going to turn out. This was delicious.

White Lasagna 
1 small box lasagna noodles, cooked
1 1/2 jars of alfreo sauce 
1 small bag of Parmesan shredded blend 
1 cup cheddar cheese 
1 frozen bag of chicken breast, cooked and shredded/cubed 
1 1/2 tsp sicilian seasoning (or italian) 
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp garlic 
2 oz cream cheese. 
1 yellow onion 

First things first, you need to cook your chicken and let it cool.  Once that is done dice it (or pick it from the bones) in to a bowl. Then, start boiling your lasagna noodles in a pot with salt water. Grease a baking dish that is large enough that your lasagna noodle can go to each end with no room leftover. Shred your chicken in a bowl and mix in 2 oz of cream cheese, all seasonings, diced onion, and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Spread enough Alfredo sauce on the bottom to barely cover it, 2 -3 tablespoons should do. Next, line up your noodles on the bottom and then spread out a little bit of your chicken mixture on top of the noodles. enough to cover. Pour a little sauce over it, around 1/2 a cup worth although I just eyeballed it. Repeat layers until you're out of chicken mixture ending with noodles. Top with parsley then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top evenly.





No comments:

Post a Comment