Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The BEST Cheesy Enchildas You Will Ever Taste!







I cannot fathom WHY I have not shared my enchilada recipe. It is something I came up with on my own over time. I don't know why I haven't made them in awhile either. It has been a long time since I made enchiladas. I forgot how delicious they are. I can always tell how yummy something is when Travis eats leftovers, willingly and would choose to eat the leftovers the next day for dinner again, rather than have me cook again. This recipe is really versatile. This time is the first time I've ever made them with ground meat. I usually do chicken. So either one that you would like to do, try it. I think I've even added shrimp in with my chicken in the past. You cannot go wrong here. I promise you that it is worth the effort to make these and they are MUCH better than the boxed kind you get out of the grocery store. You could also freeze the leftovers and reheat them in the microwave whenever.


Ingredient:
1lb boneless skinless chicken (or ground meat)
1 onion
½ pint sour cream (is about 1 up)
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese  
1 tablespoon parsley
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
1 15oz can of tomato sauce *See Note
1 package McCormick enchilada mix
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon chili powder (or taco seasoning)
1/3 cup chopped bell peppers
1 clove garlic, minced
 8 10 inch flour tortillas 

*Note if you would rather use the canned enchilada sauce that is just fine as well, I like using the McCormick packet the best. If you use the McCormick packet follow the directions on the back when it comes to making the sauce. 

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a medium, nonstick skillet cook your meat over medium high heat until browned and no longer pink and juices run clear. Drain excess fat. If you are using chicken, dice it before cooking. Add your peppers, onions, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheddar cheese, and seasonings. Then, heat while constantly stirring, until the cheese melts. Next, stir in 1 cup enchilada sauce and water. Turn heat off. Grease a large baking dish. Begin rolling even amounts of mixture in to tortillas, and lining them in the baking dish once done top with remaining sauce and cheese. Bake until cheese has melted and is bubbling about 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes or so before serving. 

No comments:

Post a Comment