This is a recipe I found but revised a little to attempt making it lighter, but to be honest I have no clue how many calories are in. I let myself have 1 cup though (for you dieters out there). One day I will maybe sit down and calculate it all but I am procrastinating as it is by updating this twice in one day.
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package rotini pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (10-oz.) can diced tomatoes and green chiles (mild for those with kids)
- 1 (8-oz.) package 1/3 fat cream cheese
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large pan. Add onion and bell pepper, and sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes and green chiles and prepared cheese product; cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until cheese melts. Stir in chicken, next 4 ingredients, and hot cooked pasta until blended. Spray a 11- x 7-inch baking dish with cooking spray and add mixture. Sprinkle the top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly.