Friday, January 20, 2012

Crispy Chicken Drumsticks

This recipe comes from a KFC remake from Hungry Girl, I basically followed this recipe to a T, and I used my camera and not phone to take the pictures. :) I have to say that this was pretty good! You get the effect of fried chicken semi-KFC style without the fat and calories. Genius if you ask me. My side dishes didn't go to well though. I am trying to perfect my cauliflower mash and a three bean salad from Green Giant was just a no go for me. Otherwise, at least my meal looked nice and pretty.

Crispy Chicken Drumsticks

Ingredients:
6 raw chicken drumsticks, skin removed
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 cup Fiber One Original bran cereal
1 1/4 teaspoons black pepper
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 chili powder
1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside while you remove the skin of the drumsticks. I found that using kitchen shears really helped with removing the skin. Season the chicken with 1/4 salt and set aside. In a blender or food processor add the bran cereal and crumb . Put the crumbs in to a Ziploc plastic bag, add the rest of the seasonings and shake the bag to mix.
Place the egg substitute in a wide bowl, take two drumsticks at a time and dredge in the egg mixture, gently shake off excess and then place in the bag. Seal the bag and give it a good shake to coat the chicken with the crumbs and seasonings. Transfer to the baking dish and repeat with remaining drumsticks.

Bake in the over for 20 minutes, flip carefully then cook for an additional 15-20minutes. (After I flipped I cooked for an extra 20 minutes to be safe but I think I'll do 15 next time because my chicken split. I will be making this again though!)


This recipe for 2 drumsticks is 184 calories!


No comments:

Post a Comment