Serves 4, 380 calories
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic (or 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic)
- 20 slices pepperoni, chopped in quarters
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/2 cups lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as McCutcheon's)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast, bone in
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
Preparation1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. Cook chicken in a pan for 45 minutes in the mean time prepare sauce.
3. Heat a saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add garlic and pepperoni; cook 2 minutes or until garlic begins to brown, stirring frequently. Add oregano; cook 30 seconds. Add marinara sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and add basil. Let simmer while chicken cooks.
4. Take chicken out the oven and turn broiler on high.
4. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Spoon sauce over chicken; sprinkle evenly with cheese. Broil 2 minutes or until cheese melts.
Serve with a tossed salad or roasted veggies.