Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Salmon Patties


I can remember growing up in our beach house and my step dad cooking on Sundays. I always, ALWAYS loved his salmon patties. These are not as good as his because they are lower calorie but they still hit the spot when I have a craving. They are quickly becoming a favorite with the boys. Last time I made them Blake ate a whole helping. Mom win for me!

 This recipe serves 4, 2 salmon patties each is about 172 calories. Enjoy.

Ingredients
3 (6-ounce) cans skinless, boneless pink salmon in water, drained
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teapoon garlic
1 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Cooking Spray


Directions

 

Preheat oven to 375
To prepare cakes, combine salmon and all of the ingredients in a medium bowl.


Then stir, but I gotta say, using your hands is much easier.



Divide salmon mixture into 8 equal portions, shaping each portion into a patty. Place on a cookie sheet generously sprayed with cooking spray.




Cook for about 25mins then flip and cook for an additional 10mins. The cooking time really depends on how brown you would like it.
Flipped over!






I like to make salmon patties in the oven because I don’t like standing over the stove the whole time waiting for something to be done. While the patties are in the oven I have time to prepare the sides (like the sautéed zucchini and tossed salad pictured after the title).

No comments:

Post a Comment