Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Chicken Nugget Salad



Kids like chicken nuggets right? No matter how you, the parent, prepares or makes them…they just love them. It doesn’t matter whether you buy them frozen, organic, or make them homemade its practically a lunch time staple. Or at least it is in my house it is.  It doesn’t feel like an adult meal to me though. That isn’t to say they aren’t delicious and that I don’t still eat them. But if I eat chicken nuggets then I’m going to want fries with them. However, I discovered something amazing in high school. Now this was years ago, so the menu has changed but I use to buy myself 99 cent chicken nuggets from Wendy’s after school and a side salad for $1.08 (something like that)..My total ended up being something like $2.18. (Light Dressing). I would go home and indulge with satisfaction because I made a healthy choice and it was such a good deal. (I have a thing for Wendy’s Salad Dressing). Since then, I have always liked putting chicken nuggets on my salad. Sometimes I make them homemade but mostly I buy them frozen. I just check out the ingredients and try to buy smart. So now that I’m an adult, I feel like I can make ONE thing for everyone to enjoy at lunch time..even myself! Now I make a much bigger, yummier salad than my after school Wendy's days.

All you need is:
2-3 cups romaine
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped cucumbers
1 tbsp Real bacon bits
1 tbsp sunflower seeds
1 slice from a large red onion
1/4 cup 2 % or Reduced fat shredded cheese
4-5 chicken nuggets, sliced

No comments:

Post a Comment