Friday, April 19, 2013

Salmon Patties

I think, I have tried every tip and version of a salmon patty. And by far, this is my favorite and oldest recipe for them. You'll notice in the picture that the salmon patties have onions and green bell peppers. I like to toss those in whenever I have them on hand. Serve these with my HUSHPUPPIES!!


Salmon Patties 
Ingredients: (double the ingredients for more)
1lb cooked salmon or 1 can(pick out skin and bones)
1 egg
3-4 tablespoons of light mayo
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 green onion, sliced thinly
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon minced garlic 
a dash or 2 of cayenne

Directions:
Beat egg in a bowl, then mix everything in a bowl until it is blended. Take out small handfuls and roll in to a ball, then gently press in to a patty shape.  (This is where I do things differently, I bake instead of fry, because frying takes forever.) On a baking sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray, place salmon patties. In a preheated oven at 400 degrees, cook patties for 15 minutes until golden brown on the bottom, then flip them, bake for an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom.

Enjoy!
-Danielle

No comments:

Post a Comment