Sunday, February 24, 2013

Creamy Mushroom Chicken



This is something my mother makes a lot, so naturally its a favorite for me. It is absolutely a comfort food for me. I tried a lightened up version from SparkRecipes, it had rave reviews but I felt like it had a lot of unnecessary ingredients like cream cheese and chicken broth. Seriously, just do the soup. If you're going to splurge on a cream of something soup you don't need to whack out the flavor with broth. Needless to say, I was disappointed with that.  I mean obviously, cream of mushroom soup isn't the best (health-wise) but I don't think there is anything wrong with something quick and easy every once in awhile.
Directions:
So I will be sticking to my normal treat which is just 1lb boneless skinless chicken, 2 small cans Campbell's Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup (or golden mushroom soup), 1 small container of sliced button mushrooms, diced/cut to smaller pieces. 
Slice or dice your boneless skinless chicken. Cook in a skillet with mushrooms until chicken is no longer pink, stir in soup, chives, and black pepper. 
OR 
Chicken breast in a baking dish, sprinkle chives and black pepper, sprinkle with mushrooms, pour soup on top, cover with tin foil, bake for 45 minutes at 375 degrees. 
Serve over brown rice.   :) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment