Sunday, July 22, 2012

Taco chicken?


I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to cook for my husband and my youngest. My husband doesn't really like vegetables, except he will eat peppers. Liam refuses to eat most veggies. Blake and I love our veggies so much that you could take meat away from our diet and we would still be fairly happy. When I cook dinner or lunch then I have to make my husbands completely different from our meal. The top picture is mine ofcourse, the bottom is my husbands. Taco chicken with a black bean and baby corn saute! Taco chicken is pretty popular but this is how I make mine:

Taco Chicken 

1lb chicken breast 
1 packet dry taco seasoning
Hard shell corn tortillas
Salsa
Optional- Jalapenos and Banana peppers 

Directions: Just sprinkle or  rub the taco seasoning on the chicken. Preheat oven at 375 while doing this. Then place in a baking dish. I find that covering dishes with tin foil keeps chicken or whatever else I may be cooking moist. So cover the dish. Oven times always vary it took  my oven about 35 minutes. Break a part a hard shell taco on to a plate and once the chicken is cook top it with 1-2 tbsp of salsa and/or peppers. While your chicken is cooking prepare corn and black bean dish. Chicken should be about 112.5 calories plus the hard shell and toppings.

Black Bean and Baby Corn

1 can baby corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed




1/2 of a yellow onion, chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes

Trial and Error my dears. I learned with this to wait until last minute to add the beans or they kind of mush all over everything. So, over medium high heat saute the baby corn, tomatoes, and onion in a the pan until onions are tender. Then, mix in the beans until they are heated through. SERVE!




It's a beautiful day with a Carolina breeze!
Blake and I are just hanging out on this beautiful day, while baby brother Liam naps, riding the strider and blowing' dandelions. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment