Sunday, July 22, 2012

Birthday festivities!

All of my recent posts haven't been saving so I am going to try to redo them all in separate posts it'll just have to say that it was all on the same day! Oh well!

My husband's birthday was this past week and for like 2 weeks I've been off on my healthy eating because we've been eating out so much and having so much birthday cake UGH! 

So the 6lbs I lost are roughly back probably. I'm afraid to weigh myself. I have been doing a few leg, butt, and ab work outs. Every few days so we'll see how that goes. It may not tip the scale but I can def feel the soreness. 

The hubs and I going to a birthday dinner with some family. We were riding in my husbands old jeep wrangler with no doors and the back top off. Wouldn't you know, it starts to rain. My hairs a mess,  and I have to put on his work coat to keep dry and warm. lol AND OF COURSE, he cannot just take a NORMAL picture. 

As for lunches I've kept it pretty healthy despite my restaurant dinners lately, we've had a lot of wraps, sandwiches or burritos.




Shrimp and Zucchini Burrito Wrap

 

Ingredients:
 1 package salad shrimp (these are tiny little shrimp) 
1 cup small chopped zucchini 
1/2 of a small tomato chopped 
1 tsp chopped garlic 
Salt and Pepper to taste 
Burrito tortilla (try to find one that is whole wheat low in cals and packed with fiber) 

Basically just saute this all in a pan, use a little olive oil if you do not have a nonstick pan it takes no time at all since the salad shrimp is basically cooked already you're just heating it up. So if you like your veggies soft you may want to start those before adding the shrimp. This is really easy and quick for lunch! I added some apple slices to mine to make it a meal! :) 

The boys had this for lunch and after making it I was like, this is genius. I should've done this a long time ago. I love broccoli and cheese soup or just broccoli and cheese in general, WHY NOT PUT BROCCOLI IN A GRILLED CHEESE? RIGHT? I had to make myself one the following day for breakfast! lol  




 So deliciously yummy! I feel like I shouldn't have to explain how to make a grilled cheese to people so I will not add anything special about the sandwich. Just add broccoli between your bread and cheese slices and make it they way you usually do. Blake loved it, but that is because he LOVES broccoli. Liam was pretty much acting like, "Woman! You can't fool me!". I have tried everything in the BOOK to get Liam t eat his veggies, he will not do it! One day this kid is going to eat them because I am NOT giving up!

 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment