Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Salmon with Cucumber and Strawberry Relish




Salmon:
4 salmon fillets
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground mustard
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp olive oil
Relish:
¼ tsp dried basil leaves
1/2 tbsp extra light olive oil
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp sugar
1 cup finely chopped strawberries
1 small cucumber, deseeded and finely chopped 

Directions: In a small bowl, mix the first 5 ingredients with the salmon, rubbing mixture on salmon. . Refrigerate, covered, for 1 hour. For relish in another bowl mix together the chopped strawberries, cucumbers, basil, oil, lemon juice, and sugar.
When cooking the salmon you may grill it accordingly. However I personally cooked it in a pan on medium heat, just spray the pan with a little cooking spray and cook until brown on both sides.



These pictures really do not give this recipe justice...but it was a really great mixture of sweet. Typically I don't like anything sweet but the combination of strawberries and cucumbers really works. I have more relish than necessary on my salmon because...I really liked it. :) I used some leftovers on top of yogurt..SO GOOD.



Now I am off to register my baby for pre-k. WAHHHH! I might cry. I just might.

No comments:

Post a Comment