Friday, June 14, 2013

Happy Friday!

I feel as if I haven't blogged in forever. I know it has been awhile. I'd like to say I've been busy, but that isn't very true. haha We have the boys back, so maybe its just me trying to get use to a routine again.

My little brother GRADUATED high school. I'm so proud of him. He has a Life Scholarship and got in to a certain program at USC. I really don't think that there are words to describe how proud EVERYONE is of him.

I am a FUR-Baby grandma. :) *Kitty's Birth Story* Last Friday before we left to go to my brother's graduation upstate she was bleeding a little. I assumed that she was going in to labor and figured she would have the kittens when we were gone, even though I felt like it was too soon. She wasn't very big at all. But no kittens, until a few days later. We were all in our living room, kitchen, dining room area after dinner, this is the room we have our black couch that folds out in to a bed. During the bath-time bed-time madness it is dark in that room and she blended in to the couch. So while I was walking in and out of that area I didn't see her at all. After I got the boys to bed I thought to myself, "Hmmm where is the cat?" Mainly because every night I have to bring her in to our den area which has a door that closes it off from the rest of the house, otherwise she will go in to Blake's room in the morning or in the middle of the night and bother him. I turn on the light and notice she's halfway under the blanket I keep on the couch. It is still pretty dim in that room even with the light on. I reach down to grab her and notice it's wet. At first I think, dernit Liam must've peed on the couch. Then I noticed something wriggling, almost have a heart attack. And then I grab a flash light to look closer. Yep, one little all black kitten. I moved them in to a safer place ans cleaned the couch up. At least it is a black couch, no stains. Last night she seemed to think the safe place isn't safe anymore and now keeps moving her baby around..but there are only so many spots in our small house she can move the little guy/gal..whatever it is.

I've been pretty down this week and I think because it has been both hot and wet. I can't go for a run outside because it is so wet, and the treadmill in Travis's shed is just so depressing. It's hot and gross in there. I'm really  hoping I can talk him in to moving it in to the house. I'm thinking I'll run around that house on the days Travis works and I can't really leave and run down the road. On the days he doesn't have to work I may ride my mountain bike because that KILLS my arms, especially my triceps...which is what I want to be killed. I'm just in a serious rut and I need to dig myself out.



In other news, summer veggies are coming in from Papa's garden. I'm going to start calling him Papa Claus..most morning I wake up to him bringing us grocery bags of squash, cucumbers, potatoes, and green beans...today he brought that plus some green tomatoes. He told me I could sit them on the windowsill and they would turn....yeah maybe one or two will get there, I LOVE ME SOME FAUX FRIED GREEN TOMATOES and last year I created the BEST recipe using panko and cheese. I've been dying to try an onion dip..I think I will make that as well. Needless to say, you know what I'm having for lunch today! :)

I'll try to come back tonight with some recipes and a picture of the kitty!

No comments:

Post a Comment