Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New truck, No kids, and Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Protein Pancakes! :)

Travis and I have been SUPER busy lately. First things first....we bought a new truck. If you know us, you know we've been trying to make our old cars work for us and save money but they just can't anymore. We have no room for groceries, the kids were running out of room in our back seats. We ended up getting a 4 door Toyota Tacoma, everything all set up with tires, rims, bed cover and lift. It is actually perfect for us. I am LOVING having a radio, A/C, and 4 doors. I'll still drive my Camaro around when I HAVE to but I don't go anywhere too often alone. It is just NICE to go from a 1994 Chevy camaro, and a 1989 jeep wrangler which both have no A/C and other issues to a new vehicle. Each have their pros and cons when it came to our family, but neither were working out. HERE it is:

 I am TRYING very hard to eat breakfast in the morning. It is something I really fail at because for 1 I don't like eggs, I don't care for oatmeal, I have to be in the mood for cereal (or at the very least I can't have a lot of milk first thing),I'm not much of a fruit person so that is also something I am trying to change. I'm just an unhealthy breakfast person. I like my toast, waffles, bagels, pancakes, hash browns, sausage, bacon, biscuits, and biscuits and sausage gravy. So, toast isn't horrible for you if you do whole wheat or whole grain. Pancakes and bagels pack a lot of calories. And let's not even talk about the meat, and biscuits n' gravy, we don't even need to discuss it to know it isn't good for us.

Travis and I will not have the boys for a week or two. So we went grocery shopping for just the two of us. Just wow! We're all set for two weeks health and fitness. Especially when it came to breakfast. I got the everything bagel thins, mini wheat, and I made some strawberry and banana protein pancakes and froze them in single servings. (Recipe will be at the end of this post). Travis is borrowing his dad's bicycle for myself and we are going to go ride the cooper river bridge tomorrow. I'm actually pretty excited for that. I'm going to try to go for a run on the treadmill tonight after dinner. Travis wanted to have a frozen pizza so I'll need to burn that off. Other than that, I am looking forward to a week or two, give or take depending on how well the kids do at my mom's house for that long, to just relaxing and living for me. I'd like to say that I am going to sleep in, and get a lot done...but probably not. I WILL get a lot done around the house of course, but I plan on catching up on lots of movies and getting myself use to waking up early while the kids are gone. That way if I am tired and grumpy it won't be around them.

Besides that, nothing new to report..I'll try to keep up with my recipe posts though. I have a few pictures uploaded and future posts in the works, but for starters I'll share my pancake recipe.

What I do when I make pancakes is I'll calculate how many calories each is after all is said and done, I'll make a big batch and then freeze single servings in sandwich bags. That way all I have to do is pop them in the microwave for a minute or two. This is a really great use of protein powder because of the sweetness of the powder and fruit I don't feel like the batter needed any sugar or sweetening.




Ingredients:
 1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup 2% milk
1 egg
2 scoops of strawberry whey protein powder
1 medium banana
6 medium strawberries, chopped
1 tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt 

Directions: First, mix together your dry ingredients, and then start mixing in your fruit and wet ingredients. The banana should be mashed in to the batter, or if you prefer mash it before adding it. 

Heat a large pan sprayed lightly with cooking spray over medium heat. Add two spoonfuls of batter for one pancake. Flip when you see "bubbles" form. 

You should end up with about 15 pancakes.
Each pancakes is about 69 calories each. 
I freeze 3 pancakes as a serving for breakfast which gives me about 207.4 calories during breakfast.  
 




No comments:

Post a Comment