Friday, March 29, 2013

Quick and Easy Chili Shells and Cheese


Since I've been feeling so bad lately, my meals have been quick and easy. I basically ignored most of my meal planning and made things that wouldn't take long and that I could whip up easily. Somehow I whipped this up one night, and now it is a hubby favorite! Go figure anything that is easy, processed, and generally high in calories he will like. That is besides the point though, because it was easy, delicious, and A LOT better than the Hamburger Helper Chili Cheese Macaroni or whatever it is that they call it. We've always been Velveeta Shells and Cheese people, and it is something I make as a side dish for dinner.

So here it is:
1 box Velveeta Shells and Cheese (You can also use the whole grain spiral too by them.)
1lb ground meat
Splash of milk 

Then:
DIY Salt-Free Taco Seasoning
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
5 teaspoons ground cumin
5 teaspoons paprika
2 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

4 tablespoons of this mix equals the same as a 1 ounce package of taco seasoning mix! :) You don't have to add the full amount if you have younger kids.. just 1-2 tablespoons of the mixture mixed in to the pasta will suffice. :)

Directions should be easy enough to figure out. Make your Velveeta Shells and Cheese according to package directions, brown your ground meat in a large pan, drain grease and fat, mix in seasoning in to the meat, then mix in shells and cheese. Serve with a veggie and dinner is served. I would make this tonight if I had a box of shells and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment