Wednesday, December 19, 2012

It has BEGUN!

The cold/flu sickness season has finally struck us. It just so happens that we hardly ever get sick. Like REALLY sick. If anything we are known to get a 24 hour bug. Otherwise, we hardly ever get colds and such. And you know what, we all decide to get sick during the one week I decide to visit my mom upstate.

Just my luck. We get to my moms house and Blake is the first to get sick with a fever and puking. I don't know what that was all about. Then Liam gets sick with a bad cough and congestion the day I decide to leave my moms to spend some quality time with my hubs. The next morning after I had been home for one night my mom calls me at like 6:30 am and left a voice mail letting me know she thinks we need to take Liam to the doctor. So I drive back upstate and we spend the whole afternoon and most of the night in urgent care and trying to get his prescription filled. That was Saturday, today it is Wednesday night.  He still has a cough and runny nose, I think it is getting slightly better. I just hate seeing him cough so badly. :(

So, basically, we spent a week at my moms not doing any of the fun things we had planned but laying in bed with the sickies. Which is A-okay because we still had fun. I got to catch up on a lot of movies! lol 

Tuesday we woke up early. I drove myself and the boys all the way back home. Tuesday night Travis took me to see West Side Story as my (early) Christmas present. I thought he would hate it. He is a very manly man! I kept asking him if he liked it, or was bored. He said he did. (Perhaps I can talk him into seeing Les Miserables in February.) I know he wants to see the movie. Needless to say though, we had a great time. It was a really great show. I've seen the musical on DVD years ago, its so much better live though.

I should probably share a recipe that my husband is absolutely in love with. I think he wanted me home so bad from my moms because he wanted me to make this again. Happy creativity in the kitchen makes me, well, HAPPY! I love when I come up with something on my own and my husband LOVES it and practically begs me to make it again. It doesn't hurt that the kids gobbled it up as well. This is one of my new mom dinners.

Smokehouse Maple Bacon Wrapped Chicken Tenders 

Ingredients:
1lb chicken tenderloins
Apple wood smoked bacon (1 piece of bacon per chicken tender)
McCormick Smokehouse Maple seasoning
Paprika
Black Pepper
Garlic Salt
 *See Note
 

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle each side of each chicken tenderloin with paprika, garlic salt, and pepper. Wrap each piece of chicken with bacon making sure that you place the finished wrapped chicken tender with the end/s of the bacon on the pan. Once you've wrapped all the chicken with bacon, sprinkle generously with the smokehouse maple seasoning. Bake until bacon is brown and crispy.


Note- If you can't find Smokehouse Maple seasoning, just use brown sugar. If you can't find apple wood smoked bacon just use a thick sliced bacon. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment