Friday, September 28, 2012

A Week Without Blake

I have to be honest, I've been so busy that I just simply miss being with the boys and having a relaxing day home. I've hardly had time to even miss Blake.

Today is the only day that I do not have to go to my externship site or go to rehearsal for Little Red Riding Hood. It looks like Liam and I may need to venture out and go grocery shopping. But other than that, it looks like a lazy day/cleaning day. Tomorrow I have rehearsal and no babysitter for Liam. Hopefully that all works itself out. Babysitters are really hard to come by. Sadly.

I'm starting to really miss Blake today though. It feels weird just to have one kid. It is so much, easier. But it is kind of lonely for us. Liam is playing by himself or cuddling with me so we are getting some one on one time. Not much though with the amount I've had going on. I'm trying to enjoy today and remember that he is growing up faster than ever now. These moments, no matter how short, that we have alone together are special.

One of the only things that keeps me from being sad that Blake pretty much refused to stay home and demanded to go with his Grammy almost a week ago is that I know he is having fun with everyone. I'm not sure if I mentioned this before but I have a little brother who is also 4 years old, Lathe. Blake is 3. It works out great that way because they are the best of buds. My Memaw is staying with my mom as well right now, and my cousin went up to Columbia as well for the week to spend time with them. Blake just loves Destiny and is always wanting to be around her and play with her. I believe she is one of his best buds too! Even though she is 19, I think Blake finds it acceptable that she is one of his best friends. It makes my heart smile to know how much he loves everyone. I mean seriously, he is having a blast! I stole these pictures from my cousin's Facebook. They went to the Riverbanks Zoo, in Columbia.



Why is my child barefooted?



No comments:

Post a Comment