Monday, June 17, 2013

Smoked Sausage

I know, I know...how many calories are in smoked sausage? A lot. Could I stop serving my family it? No. I'm in a house full of boys. You take their sausage and bacon away...they will riot! Luckily there are smarter choices like chicken sausage which offer lighter versions of smoked sausage. Today I want to share with you a tidbit I learned awhile ago. Growing up we use to have sausage just sliced like coins. As a family we would go to a country restaurant some of you may know as Lizard's Thicket. I use to LOVE their smoked sausage and I don't know why, I didn't think about it until I was an adult that I probably loved it based on the way they cut it. I tested it out, and YEP...so much better. A favorite I like to so with smoked sausage is to saute some banana peppers and onions with it, then top it with sauerkraut...Guy meal? Yes!
Slice the sausage in to quarter links, then make a slit on the top with your knife.

Then peel it back.

In to the frying pan it goes with it's peppers and onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment