Sunday, March 3, 2013

Lunch Ideas

I am always in a grind come lunch time. I don't particularly plan lunch well, just dinner. I grab a bunch of things at the store that I know I could make a quick and easy lunch with. We do a lot of sandwiches,nuggets, and wraps. If I ever have leftovers these days they go in to my husband's lunch box. I like to think of myself as resourceful though. I like to make things new and interesting for the boys to prevent them from being picky eaters. As I've said before my oldest is a great eater for the most part, my youngest...eh. I'm lucky if I get him to eat anything at all. But I do know one thing about my little picky eater, he will eat fruit! I thought I would share some lunch ideas for the kids from now on as well. Just in case any moms out there need some inspiration or ideas. Needless to say though some of these things can be put in to adult lunches as well. Adults like sandwiches, wraps, and nuggets too, right? Or is that just my husband? :) lol

Hahha, Blake..wtheck? Liam is all like "Noooo not carrot sticks." and Blake is like, "Oh gosh! It's going to be another battle today!"

These are my FAVORITE plates for kids, you can get them from target for like $1 I think. But this is a good example of what lunches look like in our house. Wrap, Green apple slices, carrot sticks, yogurt ranch dressing for dipping. 

Turkey and Cheese on a Spinach and Herb Wrap. You just need 3 slices of turkey, 1 wrap , and shredded cheese. Line the turkey along the middle, sprinkle with cheese, and roll like a burrito (Which means tucking sides in as you go.) Your package of wraps should give you directions. My favorite wraps are the Xtreme Wellness brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment